Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Diving into Rio

"Go to Rio!"

Betraying my Paulista roots, these words would blurt out of my mouth, triggered like a tick onto anyone who expressed an interest in visiting Brazil. I would ramble on and on about the unsurpassed charm and natural beauty of the city I had been pining for since my first visit five years ago.

So when I got a chance to chase a story to the Rio +20 summit, I didn't hesitate. While I spent most of my day interviewing a Mozambican activist, I squeezed in just enough time get some sand in my hair.

Rio did not disappoint. But with those colossal mountains kissing the ocean day after day, how could it?


Next stop: Johannesburg for some training and a safari :) 



2 comments:

  1. Marina na cidade maravilhosa :) still waiting for my chance to go. Glad to see you blogging! Beijos -Michael

    ReplyDelete